Salisbury Theft Crimes Defense Lawyer
Defending the Accused for 20+ Years
If you’ve been charged with a theft crime, it is hard to know who, if anyone, is on your side. The implication of a theft accusation alone can diminish trust between you and your loved ones, and a conviction can cause even worse damage to your reputation and livelihood. Dealing with law enforcement can be overwhelming, especially since the police do not always have your best interests at heart.
That’s why you need to contact me, Attorney William R. Hall, to fight to protect your freedom.
If you ever find yourself in this situation, it is best that you retain my representation so I can fight tirelessly to prove your innocence. As a former prosecutor with an intimate knowledge of theft crimes, I can anticipate the attacks you may face in court and prepare an effective defense strategy for each possibility, which can maximize your chances of winning your case.
I have helped hundreds of people defend theft charges such as:
Maryland Theft Crime Penalties
In Maryland, various acts can be classified as theft crimes, including concealing, possessing, and keeping the property of another party without having any intent to return it. In some cases, forgetting or failing to return lost property can lead to a theft charge. All theft crimes are punishable by jail time, fines, and reimbursement for stolen goods and services. If convicted, the severity of your sentence will increase depending on the value of goods or services in question.
Misdemeanor Theft Penalties
- Valued less than $100: Up to a 90-day sentence & up to $500 in fines.
- Valued from $100 to $1,000: Up to an 18-month sentence & up to $500 in fines.
Felony Theft Penalties
- Valued from $1,000 to $10,000: Up to a 10-year sentence & up to $10,000 in fines.
- Valued from $10,000 to $100,000: Up to a 15-year sentence & up to $15,000 in fines.
- Valued at $100,000 or more: Up to a 25-year sentence & up to $25,000 in fines.
Any charge is serious and can have a wide range of consequences upon conviction. Regardless of severity, no case is too complex for me. Reach out to me online so I can begin finding ways to get your charges reduced or dismissed entirely.
How I Can Defend Your Theft Crimes Charge
I am committed to strategizing ways to overcome your theft crimes charge. To best resolve your accusation, I will utilize hard-hitting defense tactics such as:
- Specific Intent: You did not intend to steal the property.
- Asportation: You did not move or carry the property away from the owner for your possession.
- Claim of Right: You mistakenly or reasonably believed the property was yours.
- Intoxication: You were under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, which impaired your judgement at the time of the alleged crime.
- Entrapment: You were manipulated or tricked into committing the alleged offense by someone.
- Return of Property: You returned the property, or intended to, or borrowed the property and forgot to give it back.
Contact My Office Today
Whether this is your first charge or not, you can rely on me to provide high-quality defense and aggressively protect your rights. Your freedom and liberty are among your most important possessions – do not give them up without retaining my dedicated legal counsel first. When you hire me to be your attorney, you can rest assured knowing that your future is in good hands.
Request a free case review or call (410) 205-1684 to review your legal options today.
20+ Years of Experience
Attorney William R. Hall is backed by over two decades of experience
AV Preeminent® Rating
Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for Professional Excellence & Ethical Standards
10.0 "Superb" Rating
Rated a perfect 10.0 "Superb" by Avvo for experience & professionalism
Personalized, trial-tested insights for your defense
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Recognized as one of the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Top 1% of Attorneys
Voted by National Association of Distinguished Counsel