Salisbury Product Liability Lawyer
I Can Help You Seek Compensation for Your Injuries. Call (410) 205-1684 Now!
Consumers generally assume that the products they use are safe. That’s not always the case. Accidents occur when companies fail to ensure their products are free from defects, meaning they can be liable for the resulting injuries. Damage from defective products can range from minor injuries such as cuts or burns to something serious like wrongful death.
I take your injury seriously and will work tirelessly to help you claim monetary compensation for your pain and suffering.
If you were injured by a defective product, contact me, your Salisbury product liability attorney, at (410) 205-1684 to find out what legal options may be available to you. You don’t deserve to pay the price for a company’s wrongdoing, and I will work to ensure you are compensated fairly. I have 20+ years of experience successfully handling personal injury cases, and my past clients highly recommend me as a result.
Let’s get started on your claim so you can begin your road to recovery sooner.
Types of Product Liability Claims
If you decide to file a claim, I will work to prove that the product in question was defective in some way. To have the best chance at achieving a favorable outcome, it is important that you thoroughly document any evidence relating to your injury to support your case. Examples include pictures and videos of the product in question, product manuals and guides, packaging, advertising and marketing materials, and, of course, your documentation of your injuries.
A defect can exist in a product’s design, manufacturing, or marketing:
- Design: Design defects are built-in, as they exist before the product is manufactured. The product could be unreasonably dangerous to use due to a design flaw that failed to account for certain safety features or uses prior to designing the product.
- Manufacturing: Manufacturing defects occur during the construction or production of the item, making it unsafe for consumer use. These defects are not associated with the original design of the product and are issues that make the product dangerous to use by consumers.
- Marketing: This deals with improper instructions and failures to warn consumers of hidden dangers in the product.
Product liability claims can be based on:
- Negligence: Occurs when a company knowingly allows the production of a faulty product.
- Breach of warranty: Occurs when a product does not meet the standards of quality set forth in the product warranty.
- Strict liability: Occurs if the consumer can prove the product is defective regardless of company negligence.
As a consumer, you are protected by product liability laws that may also apply to past injuries. In Maryland, you are allowed to file a claim within 3 years of being injured. If you miss this deadline, you may lose your ability to hold the company liable for damages.
Filing a Liability Claim & Receiving Damages
If you decide to hire me to represent your product liability case, I will dedicate my attention and knowledge to help prove these four elements:
- You suffered an injury or loss.
- The product is defective.
- You suffered an injury or loss as a result of the defect.
- You were using the product as it was intended.
There are two types of damages that account for the sum of money you may be compensated:
Compensatory damages: Sometimes called actual damages, they are intended to compensate you
for your pain and suffering. The monetary amount is determined by putting
a dollar amount to the extent of your injury. There are two categories
of compensatory damages:
- Economic losses: These include medical bills, disability costs, loss of wages or profits from missed work or unemployment, and property loss or repair.
- Non-economic losses: These include pain and suffering, loss of consortium (meaning your injury impacted your relationship with your spouse.
- Punitive damages: These are intended to punish the company for your injuries.
Injured by a Defective Product? Call Today!
If you turn to me to help you seek restitution for your pain and suffering, you are not only pursuing justice for yourself, but you are also saving other people from suffering similar injuries. You should not have to live with consequences resulting from the negligence of others. As an accomplished Salisbury product liability attorney, I know how to advocate for your rights. Let me handle the legal work so you can focus on your recovery.
Contact me online or call (410) 205-1684 today for a free consultation!
20+ Years of Experience
Attorney William R. Hall is backed by over two decades of experience
AV Preeminent® Rating
Rated by Martindale-Hubbell® for Professional Excellence & Ethical Standards
10.0 "Superb" Rating
Rated a perfect 10.0 "Superb" by Avvo for experience & professionalism
Personalized, trial-tested insights for your defense
Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Recognized as one of the National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Top 1% of Attorneys
Voted by National Association of Distinguished Counsel